Commitment and Quality
The Pastas Alimenticias Romero factory has an area of 40,000 m2 of which 15,000 are covered. It is a highly automated factory that offers great versatility and technical ability to produce all kinds of products.
In total there are six modern production lines (for long pasta, short pasta and specialities) that are fully automated and have processes for drying at high temperatures. Thanks to our latest investment, the factory has a production capacity of 300 tons a day.
The different packaging machines are also automatic and pack in pillow bag, square packet, cardboard box and bulk formats.
Constant improvement is our main ingredient.
The raw material used to make our products is 100% durum wheat semolina a necessary requirement for a product to be called “Superior Quality” according to Spanish technical and health regulations.
Pastas Alimenticias Romero is located in a privileged area where premium quality durum wheat is grown which is then turned into semolina still in the same region. Many of the most important independent semolina producers in Spain are located in a geographical area which is close to Daroca; Romero holds shares in two of them.
The rest of the ingredients used to produce specialities (pasteurised egg, spinach and tomato primarily) are premium quality completely natural products. No additives, artificial colouring or artificial agents are used. Since the production process is at high temperatures and the low water content of the dried pasta, the best before date for using the products is up to three years from the date of packaging.
Pastas Alimenticias Romero was the first company of the sector in Spain to obtain the quality certification ISO 9001:2000 and the environmental standard certification ISO 14001:2015. Currently, it holds the certification IFS (International Food Standard) in its advanced level. These certifications have been prepared by AENOR and distinguish the company within its sector in terms of quality control, environment and food safety.
The Quality Department, centralised in the modern laboratory of the factory itself and with qualified technical staff, coordinates and verifies the compliance with the standards and moves towards the implementation of new controls for continuous improvement.
Since 1994 it has been officially certified by the C.A.A.E. (Comité Aragonés de Agricultura Ecológica/Aragonese Committee for Organic Farming) for the production of organic pasta.
The AENOR registration number is ER-0129/2/00.
Quality and Food safety Policy
The company’s management team establishes the Quality and Food Safety Policy on which our commitment to the quality and safety of the products we produce and market is based.
The PASTAS ALIMENTICIAS ROMERO, S.A. management team authorises the implementation and maintenance of a Quality and Food Safety Policy which is mandatory for the entire organisation. All staff must understand and apply the guidelines contained in the documents that constitute the system, so that all staff are aware of and understand what is expected of them in their respective jobs.
PASTAS ALIMENTICIAS ROMERO, S.A. is committed to the quality and food safety as a management tool that guarantees the competitiveness and the future of the company and is directly involved in the coordinated effort of everyone to produce and market goods and services that meet the needs of our customers and consumers, taking into account the needs and expectations of other stakeholders.
PASTAS ALIMENTICIAS ROMERO, S.A., bases its quality and food safety management on the following principles and is committed to:
- Performing all our operations with quality and ensure the safety of our products.
- Ensuring the satisfaction of our customers and consumers, by:
- Complying with legal and other applicable requirements
- Strictly complying with the terms and conditions of sale in terms of quality and service, as well as the stipulated requirements and customer expectations.
- Providing an adequate response and solution to problems that arise.
- Friendly service and efficient communication.
- Ensuring and improving working conditions within the company, through:
- Modern, hygienic and suitable facilities.
- Training and awareness-raising of staff in Food Quality and Safety.
- Motivating our staff to achieve and maintain the quality and safety of our products as a personal achievement in their job, accepting the concept that quality and food safety is the personal responsibility of everyone who works at and for the company.
- Involving suppliers and subcontractors:
- Setting in advance the requirements and standards that their products must meet.
- Helping them to develop quality and food safety systems that strengthen our entire supply chain.
- Ensuring the fulfilment of our responsibilities by manufacturing and marketing safe and legal products.
- Maintaining a constant effort to innovate in the products we manufacture and supply.
- Regularly reviewing and disseminating our Quality and Food Safety Policy within the organisation and making it available to our stakeholders.
These commitments provide the overarching framework for setting our objectives and drive us to continuously improve our products and processes.
The company’s management team establishes the Environmental Policy on which the environmental performance of PASTAS ALIMENTICIAS ROMERO, S.A. is based.
The PASTAS ALIMENTICIAS ROMERO, S.A. management team authorises the implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Management System which is mandatory for the entire organisation. All staff must understand and apply the guidelines contained in the documents that constitute the system, so that all staff are aware of and understand what is expected of them in their respective jobs.
PASTAS ALIMENTICIAS ROMERO, S.A. is committed to the environment as a management tool that guarantees the competitiveness and the future of the company and is directly involved in the coordinated effort of everyone to make economic development compatible with environmental protection.
PASTAS ALIMENTICIAS ROMERO, S.A., bases its environmental management on the following principles and is committed to:
- Complying with legal and other applicable environmental requirements in relation to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our operations, products and services.
- Regularly identifying and evaluating those environmental aspects that cause or could potentially cause significant environmental impact from a life cycle perspective.
- Preventing and minimising such impacts where feasible, directing our efforts towards protecting the environment, specifically in terms of:
- The sustainable use of the resources we need.
- Preventing pollution in our processes and activities.
- The correct separation of the waste we generate and its minimisation.
- Regularly reviewing and disseminating our Environmental Policy within the organisation and making it available to our stakeholders.
These commitments provide the overarching framework for setting our environmental objectives and targets and drive us to continually improve our environmental performance.